Thursday, April 15, 2010

Going home!

All bundled up and ready to go home.
First time in the carrier. He didn't even fuss when I put him in. What a sweet boy!


Well, after 2 sleepless nights at the hospital, I had had enough and was ready to go home. Let's just say that my experience at UK this time was not great. I had wonderful experiences at the hospital with Jack and Drew, but that was not the case this time. It started with a bad IV experience, continued with epidural issues (I now have 1o needle holes in my spine that hurt like crazy - I have pictures but won't scare you with those!) and then while being transferred to my hospital bed from the OR my epidural fell out (without anyone knowing) and I did not get the good shot of pain meds to get me through the worst of the pain from the c-section. So, needless to say, I was in some pain and playing catch up with pain meds. I had a wonderful nurse the first 2 days but that is about the only nice thing I can say. I got tired of people coming in every half hour to poke me and Charlie. I was tired of reminding them to bring me the pain pills (I was in a lot of pain). And in general I was over the whole thing. I begged the doctors and they agreed to let us go home a day early. Finally, we were discharged and I got to rest at home.


No comments: