Monday, December 05, 2005

Thanksgiving Southern Living Style


We went to Brasstown Valley for a Thanksgiving celebration with my family the weekend before Thanksgiving Day. This year's theme was a Southern Living Thanksgiving and everyone prepared a recipe from Southern Living. I, of course, was in charge of making assignments and I think I may have gone a bit overboard this year (who, me?). I made the pecan pie cake, which I hope everyone enjoyed because I will NEVER make it again. Dad was assigned the 5-onion beef tenderloin, which was delicious, but required way too much work and far too many shallots. I think he spend $25 alone on the stupid shallots. Other than that, I think most people were happy with their recipes and it was a great Thanksgiving celebration.
Next year we will need to work on our presentation style...Martha Stewart would not be proud.

No comments: